We are always interested in acquiring significant local historical materials of past and current Grosse Pointe. We also encourage significant local organizations and clubs to place their archives on permanent loan at the Grosse Pointe Historical Society Resource Center or in an archivally correct location.
Accepted historical materials are processed and preserved, according to accepted archival procedures using professional staff and trained volunteers.
- Books & Pamphlets
- Documents & Manuscripts
- Oral Histories (by appointment)
- Building & Landscape Plans
- Small Memorabilia (i.e. buttons, decals etc)
- Art Works of Local Historic Interest
- Indian Artifacts
- Early GP school memorabilia for exhibit
- 1900 hats, vests, caps for our dress-up closet
Considerations for acceptance of historical materials include:
- Importance for local history
- Relationship to present collections
- Legal importance
- Storage & preservation requirements
- Potential uses
- Provenance (history of item ownership)
Please contact us at 313-884-7010 to discuss potential donations.
View Donations Policy in PDF Format