|Dated between 1830 and 1860, this cabin of roughly hewn logs with a roof of cedar shingles is thought to have been moved from Macomb County to a site behind Christ Church Grosse Pointe in 1938. At its original location, it likely served as the first home of a newly settled farmer. Only when his barn and house were completed, would he have used it as an outbuilding, possibly a shelter for animals. From 1952 to 1969, Christ Church also stabled animals there for religious pageants.
In more recent times, it was used as a playhouse and storage shed until it became very unstable. However, instead of tearing it down, the church donated it to The Society. The structure's dismantling, relocation to 376 Kercheval Avenue and reconstruction were accomplished primarily by volunteers between 1996 and 1998.